FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Governor's Press Office
|Saturday, October 10, 2015
Governor Brown Signs Legislation to Strengthen Elections, Expand Voter Rights
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed a package of legislation – including AB 1461 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – to help improve elections and expand voter rights and access in California.
- AB 44 by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin (D-South San Francisco) – Elections: statewide recounts.
- AB 277 by Assemblymember Roger Hernández (D-West Covina) – California Voting Rights Act of 2001.
- AB 363 by Assemblymember Marc Steinorth (R-Rancho Cucamonga) – Closing of the polls.
- AB 477 by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin (D-South San Francisco) – Elections: ballots and the Green Party.
- AB 547 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Elections: special elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
- AB 1020 by Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas (D-Los Angeles) – Elections: voter registration.
- AB 1461 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Voter registration: California New Motor Voter Program.
- AB 1504 by Assemblymember Luis Alejo (D-Watsonville) – Elections: all-mailed ballot elections: pilot project.
- AB 1535 by the Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Elections.
- AB 1536 by the Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Elections.
- SB 365 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Vote by mail ballot drop-off locations.
- SB 439 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – Election procedures.
- SB 493 by Senator Anthony J. Cannella (R-Ceres) – Elections in cities: by or from districts.
- SB 589 by Senator Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Voting: voter registration: individuals with disabilities and conservatees.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov